Saturday, February 2, 2013

First Flight in 30 Minutes

Top View of Quadcopter Before Maiden Flight
I've done basically everything that I can on the ground... now it's time to test this thing out, at least briefly, in the air.  This will let me test the gyros, and figure out if I'm completely wrong in my setup.

Side View of Quadcopter Before Maiden Flight.
The last two things I did were install a crash bar on top (out of an aluminum bar), and mount the antenna facing up, by using a straw I cut in half and then taped to the crash bar.

Neither of these is really necessary, but the bar on top is both useful for carrying the quad by and will save the KK board in case of an upside-down landing.

I didn't want the antenna just dangling around so I decided to use the straw (perfect diameter) to hold the antenna upright.

The sun is almost up and I want to get to the park before there are too many people around so I can test this thing without anyone being to nosy.

Fingers Crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment