Tuesday, January 15, 2013

FPV Cables & Power System

I got my recommendations for the connectors and power system that I need for the FPV system and placed my order last night.  The FPV Parts List page is updated with links to the products.  The default connectors that you get are for CCD systems so you'll want to get some specialized cables that are smaller, fit for purpose, and with more common connector ends.

There are four cables that you need:
Camera Cable (4 wire for cameras with audio) since I bought the RMRC-420 NTSC camera
Audio Jumper and Video Jumper cables
Transmitter Cable (Mini) which is good for the 300mW strength system

The battery system is a bit more flexible, and the battery recommended to me was the 1100mAh 3S 35C LiPo.  I believe that this can be plugged straight into the FPV system, but I'm looking into getting a BEC or power filter just in case.

I think the big order I put in for the main electrical components will come in tomorrow so check back soon to see what we've picked up!

No comments:

Post a Comment