Monday, January 14, 2013

Second Quad Parts Order

So, I jumped the gun by a little bit, but I realized that I had forgot to order some of the connectors that I would need to connect the KK-style control board to the receiver.  To do this you need 4 male-to-male connectors.  They are about $2 each from Ready Made RC, or alternatively you can get them on Ebay where a 10 pack with free shipping will only set you back about $5.

I also picked up a low-battery alarm off Ebay that emits a loud beeping sound to let you know that your battery is about to die - this is a temp solution that I am using until I start using the OSD to send me that information.  For a very cheap solution see the Quad Parts List page.

I received the FPV gear that I ordered today.  It looks good and durable and I can't wait to try it out... However, the stock connectors that come with it just aren't suitable to "plug and play" so I've got a help request in with Ready Made RC to get some suggestions for cables to connect the camera to the transmitter to the battery supply and for a small batter to power the FPV system independently of the Quad's power supply.

Assembly should start on Thursday or Friday, so check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment